Friday, May 15, 2009

Just a Little Jam

To put it frankly I am back to blogging and I am not stopping this time. Between my Step son moving in, and me going back to school I have been SUPER busy. I am back.

Today I made homemade strawberry Jam. My venture into Jam making started last spring. My DP being very aware of my desire to DYI, bought me twelve diamond pleated Ball Jelly jars and Sure Jell Pectin.
I wanted to make some strawberry jam, but as it was in the Mountains, I couldn't find any U-pick strawberries.
So this year I got the jump on finding strawberries and there happened to be a patch just 5 miles from my home. A HUGE score at $1.25/ pound. After I got my strawberries home I told the kids they could have one basket
they could have one basket the rest were for Jam.
I made my jam using the instructions for Cooked Jam, inside the Sure Jell Box. It took me about two hours total, because my canning pot took a while to boil, but the results so far are 8 gorgeous jars of Strawberry Jam. Made with 100% All natural ingredients.

No comments: