Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Moving right along

This time next week I'll be in a new town with new people, in a new house. For the first time my DP and I feel like we have arrived into the middle middle class of America. Sadly though there's evidence we want be here long with the economy. All the sad stuff aside.
I have been doing my best to pack up the house, keep the kids entertained, and make sense of all thats happening. Not 7 months ago I was in this situation, we packed the care and moved nearly 6 hours away.
So how am I coping. I am doing things very slowly. This house has a grand total of 6 rooms plus a garage. What does that mean. I am taking one room a day for 6 days. All that should be left is the furniture. I don't think I could handle a lightening quick move. I am trying to stick to some sort of routine. In past moves, they happened and it was over. The entire world for the family was thrown out of balance. This time packing a few boxes a day, and asking a few extra chores of the kids seems to be working.
The kids and i are both extremely excited and we cannot wait to get to our new home. My DP knows that just one day after we arrive we has to start his first day of work. I can only imagine. I will be left at home with three kids, a pile of boxes, and not a friend for more than 2 hours a way in any direction.
Things I am looking forward too. More room. This particular house we are moving in is over 1200 square ft. Two Bathrooms. We've lived with a single bathroom for nearly 2 years and now its time we up grade. A dish washer. I once lived in a apartment with a dishwasher, LOVED it. For the past 4 years though I have been toiling away over a sink, handing washing every dirty dish. 3 spacious bed rooms. We've spent most of our time as a family living in two bedrooms dwellings. There was a time when we lived in a single wide that had 3 bedrooms but one of the rooms was taken as our office.
The other biggie on my list of things I am looking forward to is the School system. I have wanted for a long time to home school my child. Mostly because everywhere else i had lived the schools systems were marginal at best. Yet, now we are moving to an area where people from neighboring counties pay extra for use of the public schools. The preschools are also said to be top of the line. I haven't fully researched the schools just yet but I most certainly will.
That's all for now.

No comments: