Monday, October 6, 2008

Special Thanks to Phil Lesh, and The Allman Brothers

Not long after we arrived in our New town the radio advertised "Phil Lesh and Friends with the Allman Brothers". Considering that my DP formely road the Bus and has had many long strange trips with the likes of Jerry Garcia, Phil Lesh, and Bob Wier, I knew that this concert wasn't going to missed by either of us.
As soon as tickets went on sale my DP bought eight, 4 for each show in our area. We however, did have one little problem, what were going to do with our DS. We have NEVER left him over night with anyone and neither of us felt the scene was appropriate for a four year old. So for the past month i have been building my DS up with the idea of going to stay with his grandmother. Each week he'd ask if it was time to go stay with his granny. Friday evening I built up his suspense even more by packing his bag. Needless to say his bag was exploding at the seams as I allowed him to put what ever he thought he needed to take. Saturday morning he woke up ready to go, he got dressed, ate his breakfast and anticipated his grandmothers arrival. After installing his car seat, there was no time to waste. My DS commanded me to leave his side as he "needed to go NOW"

My DP and I had a wonderful time of exclusively adult time. For the first time he didn't feel constrained by time to get home. We weren't in any hurry. I will say this wasn't the first concert we'd been to sense our son was born. We did see Widespread panic back in 2005, and we have plans of seeing them again when they come through our area next spring.

Aside from our own enjoyment and the fact our little son spread his big boys wings and flew. The show was awesome. I learned that a Character by the name of Jackie Green is pretty talented. SO many times during the evening I was wondering who the great guitar was, and Bam! his face would show up on the screen.

That's really it for now!

No comments: