Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Low Prices at Food Lion.

Yesterday, I went to Food Lion for my weekly pre-shop of unadvertised deals and to pick up the weekly sales flier.  What met me at the front was "NEW LOWER PRICES."  Apparently, the higher ups at food lion has decided to slash every day prices on the most popular items.   One example is Manwhich, reduced from a $1.98 to .98 and another is bananas from .68/lb to .50/lb. 
With the excitement over Food Lion slashing prices I had to ask the manager about one thing that has been bugging me for a long time about Food Lion. That one thing was Food Lion's policy on Buy One Get One Free. Its been more than a year since I last asked, and I quit buying BOGO items because they didn't ring up half off.  I couldn't help but ask again since I have been shopping at Harris Teeter for the past few months.  The manager gladly told me and this is HUGE for all future shopping trips. Items Do Ring Up Half Off on BOGO free specials.
Something for all area shoppers to remember about our Food Lions in Hillsborough, there specials aren't always the same as the specials in North Durham.  Keep that in mind before picking up a Sales Flier at a North Durhams store.  There's also some great websites that match up specials with coupons, my favorite is Southern Savers  This website is great, however some prices are often lower. I don't know where the bloggers on Southern Savers are located but I can betcha they aren't even close to this area.  While doing match ups from their website, make sure to cross check.  I might in the future do Coupon and Sales match ups directly from our own area sales flier to take so much of the work out of it for everyone else. 
In the very near future keep a watch out for a price book of Lowe's Foods, Kerr Drug, Food Lion, and Weaver Street Market.

No comments: