Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today I make over my blog, tomarrow there'll be more!

Today is the first of many blog entries.  I live here in Orange county, and aside from our beloved Orange county news paper and a few websites it can be difficult to find out what exactly is happening right here.  Either, the locals are in the known about the local Brunswick stew sale, or the newbies are completely clueless about the shindig in Schley.  Regardless I am here to help. 
I am not a native of Orange county. I have lived here about a year and a half.  My kids attend school here and my husband works for the county.  I am thinking  while i do nothing all day but keep the house clean, go shopping and drive childern around I may as well do my part to contribute to society. 
Things you can expect from me as your read my blog, first and foremost SHOPPING and Couponing.  Its a small obsession of mine.  The other thing is I shop like many of yall at the local Food Lion.  I'll be the first to raise my hand as I have realized that half of the things on sale within those store walls are not even listed in the paper. Consider me your "unadvertised" sale source.  I will also give you the inside tract to the Food Lion "mysteries"   such as those printable coupons on their website, and can you by just one of the BOGO items and get half off the price.  Another msytery I recently solved, was some sales in Northen DUrham do not translate here in the OC.  So keep that in mind.  Food Lion isn't the only place to shop.  I do like to hit Lowe's food, and make the drive to Harris Teeter on occasion. 
Another thing you can expect are community school fundraiser events.  We all love our local schools (to some extent right) and what better way to help our childern grown than to support fund raising efforts.  IT helps when EVERYONE in the community is well aware of them and I hope to bring them all to you, as best I can. 
The next thing are the three F's.  FREE FAMILY FUN!  Lets be real here when you have a family, family fun time better come cheap or its not happening without breaking the budget.  I would like to share free or nearly free family events for everyone. These things tend to pop up and without prior planning its hard to get out of the house.
Some extra stuff you might find here are some helpful parenting tips, that only a mom with 2 step kids an one Biological child can give.  Ideas on weight loss, and what fun outdoor places you can escape to. Quick road trip ideas, and a few political soap boxes. 

No comments: